Driver affecting coreaudiod

Steve Sisak steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
Fri Apr 11 13:37:40 EDT 2008

At 5:14 PM -0700 4/10/08, Paul wrote:
>Were you aware that the driver was affecting coreaudiod in Leopard
>and Tiger? I am getting the same result in OS X.4.11, and have had
>this problem with all versions of Tiger since upgrading to it at OS
>X.4.8. Coreaudiod turns red and "(Not Responding)" is next to it in
>the Activity Monitor window. I can send you a screen shot of the
>Activity Monitor window if you would like. This is happening with
>v1.1 and the new web cam beta driver. Here is the link in Apple
>Discussions:

Hi Paul,

Yes, that one I'm aware of -- it should be fixed in 1.1.2b3 and
newer. If not, I'd like to know about it.

What's happening is that video digitizer is getting loaded in
coreaudiod (where it has no business getting loaded) and crashes
because there's no graphic context.

I added a check to prevent the 'vdig' from loading in a daemon awhile
ago but then added some preferences code the re-triggered it (because
CFPreferences aren't available in a daemon either).

-Steve

Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                     voice: +1 617 876-2572
87 Bristol St #3A                                    fax: +1 617 876-2337
Cambridge, MA 02139                               mobile: +1 617 388-6476